Nature Cure is a philosophy of medicine that is based on the sciences dealing with natural laws and principles of nature and their application to health, disease and cure. For a curative response, one must align in harmony with all of the forces composing the human entity including the physical, mental, moral and spiritual planes of being. When one is not aligned in harmony the following occurs:
- lowered vitality and strength
- abnormal composition within the cellular microenvironment, blood and lymph
- accumulation of waste matter, morbid materials and poisons.
The methods to create more balance and alignment in the body are:
- Establishing normal surroundings and natural habits of life.
This includes returning the body back to nature, aligning with the normal sleep and wake cycles.
- Economizing the vital force.
This requires the Naturopathic Doctor to point out and assist the patient in seeing where they waste their vital energy through various unhealthy habits.
- Building up and nourishing the blood
This is done by providing its natural components and elements in the right proportions for cellular nourishment.
- Promoting elimination of waste and poisons with out injuring the human body through extreme detoxes.
- Encouraging the highest possible degree of consciousness and personal accountability
Homeopathy is a system of medicine that works beautifully with nature cure. It uses extremely low doses of a substance to encourage the body to have a cellular healing and curative response. A homeopathic is chosen by finding a substance that would cause the same symptoms in a healthy person. What this does is it stresses the cell to mount an even stronger response to the causative disease factor. This can lead to an exacerbation of symptoms temporarily, as the body’s curative responses are strengthened and then eventually symptoms resolve.
The Laws of Cure was developed by the father of Homeopathy Constantine Herring, MD (1800-1880). He developed the Laws of Cure based on his observations of his patients using homeopathy. He observed that each patient heals in a specific order and this is a guide map for those who choose to use Naturopathic Medicine, Nature Cure and Homeopathy as their means to healing.
- The First Law: The body prioritizes your vital organs and mind. The initial stages of healing are observed in the mind, emotions and the vital organs. The last organ to heal is typically the skin, and as someone is healing a deeper organ, skin eruptions and rashes can occur, which is a sign of healing.
- The Second Law: As healing progresses, symptoms appear and disappear in the reverse of their original chronological order of appearance. It is commonly observed that symptoms would reappear from a past affliction. For example, suppose you have arthritis and had tonsillitis as a child. The arthritis could flare up initially and resolve and then consequently the tonsils can flare up and then resolve.
- The Third Law: Healing progresses from the upper to the lower parts of the body. For example, a rash can be initially on the face and clears from the face and then spreads down to the legs. This would be a sign of a curative response.